AILA Doc. No. 17030733 | Dated March 17, 2017
AILA provides Know Your Rights handouts for several scenarios: ICE worksite raids (for employers), ICE home visits, and ICE public stops. There are two versions of each handout, one with a link to AILA’s Immigration Lawyer Search and one that members can co-brand with contact information. Please share widely.
Six ways to use these Know Your Rights handouts:
- The first and most obvious way is to try and get it placed in your local or neighborhood newspaper or other print outlet. For more information on how to reach out to your local newspaper about placing a PSA or Consumer Alert, see: Placing a Print Public Service Announcement
- Share it with community stakeholders! Craft an email and send it to local organizations that are also involved in immigration issues. Those can include your local Chamber of Commerce, local middle schools and high schools, churches, senior centers and more.
- Use them when publicizing clinics, citizenship activities, or other community outreach. Print up a poster and have it at the workshop door. Print out postcard-size versions and print the information about your workshop on the opposite side-drop these off at local schools, churches, and elsewhere.
- Promote your services by including a version in your communications with current and prospective clients. Again, use the opposite side for any information you want to highlight.
- Post it on your firm’s Facebook page. Post it on your website and then link to it in a tweet, too. If you have questions about how to become more active in social media, contact our communications team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consider unique outreach efforts. Print up copies and ask the local restaurant if they’d include them in their menus for a month. Ask the local library if you can drop some off there. Are there ESL classes in your area? Contact the institution and see if you could post it either near the classroom door or even give a presentation to the class.
Cite as AILA Doc. No. 17030733.
This is a reprint from http://aila.org/advo-media/tools/psas/know-your-rights-handouts-if-ice-visits